Greetings!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
2Plates

Greetings!

Post by 2Plates » May 4th, 2019, 9:40 am

Hi - I am a transplant from Florida. I started driving trucks over the road a few years back, and when I got my first load assignment to drop off in Oregon I fell in love right away. I came in through i84 and I had only seen nature like that in movies - never in real life. I told myself I would retire from driving, move here, and then finish my education. That was in 2016, and now I am living here in Portland going to (when I can afford it a semester at a time) school. I have spent more time in nature in these last two years than I have ever in my life, and my studies are giving me a greater appreciation for our environment.

I am joining these boards because there is a lot for me to learn, and I am sure I can contribute a fair amount. Any reading suggestions for learning proper camping, mountaineering and LNT practices are appreciated! Thank you, and I look forward to being a part of the community!

Webfoot

Re: Greetings!

Post by Webfoot » May 5th, 2019, 4:43 am

Welcome. :)