Ello! Stoked...

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
Charleston Joe

Ello! Stoked...

Post by Charleston Joe » January 17th, 2019, 1:41 pm

... to listen to and hear from the veteran and informed folks here. After much moving about in the US, I ditched the type A environment of DC for the green environment of this magical land. I'm doing some planning for through hikes this summer after putting around the Dechutes and Hood area solo (the pup counts though right?) this past spring and summer. I want to connect with folks to learn and potentiality tag along on hikes this upcoming season. True winter hiking is not something I've done yet. Anyway, HI!

arlohike

Re: Ello! Stoked...

Post by arlohike » January 24th, 2019, 11:10 am

Welcome! I moved here from Chicago 10 years ago, and it didn't take long to adapt to the slower pace. Unfortunately, my standard for what a cold winter feels like has also changed. But I've never gotten tired of the rain and all the green it brings.
TrailCheck (iOS / Android)
Elevation Tracker (iOS / Apple Watch)

teachpdx

Re: Ello! Stoked...

Post by teachpdx » January 25th, 2019, 10:04 am

Welcome!
Glad you are enjoying your explorations around the PNW so far.

I love the winter hiking around here, but it requires the right equipment and the perfect balance of weather... which rarely happens.

Starting in a couple months I'll be spending most every weekend somewhere up in the mountains, and I'm always up for having folks join me. Unfortunately, though, it'll just be day hikes and short weekend trips for me this upcoming season since I blew through all of my vacation time already (ditching this winter for a month in SE Asia). But I have some recommendations for some good multi-day adventures.

Reach out anytime, and again, welcome!
instagram: @remyodyssey