Fist bump

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
StickShift

Fist bump

Post by StickShift » July 30th, 2018, 4:09 pm

Hi all,

My trail name is StickShift(real name is Ken) and I'm New to Portland. Been here 4 months and have been loving the outdoors opportunities so close by! I've already completed the Timberline trail a month ago and have my eyes on the Loowit for this upcoming weekend.

A bit about me; I grew up backpacking and thru hiking the Appalachain trail is the pinnacle so far. I've recently gotten into sewing and have been using my home made pack since I moved here. I'm also a follower of LNT and UL principles.

I'm looking forward to contributing here and finding a few trail buds!

mjirving

Re: Fist bump

Post by mjirving » July 31st, 2018, 4:34 am

Welcome!

-GoalTech

Water

Post by Water » July 31st, 2018, 12:05 pm

welcome! we (now wife, then gf) moved here about 11 years ago now for the outdoors after having finished the appalachian trail in 2007*. That's probably still our pinnacle achievement but we've done a lot of great stuff since like climbing and skiing the volcanoes, wind river high route, lots of exploring out west, etc. You have more than a lifetime of adventure at hand here!

cheers and happy hiking. Loowit is wonderful. PM me about a spring I recommend (you'd cross the water but it's nice to go to the source).

- Water and Bucket (wife)

*I joined her in pearisburg, VA, after she hiked the first 600 miles solo. It was something she had wanted to do for 10 years since her early teens in girlscouts, and I only heard about the AT after I met her when we were adults. So she gets full glory for doing the whole trail.
Feel Free to Feel Free

Charley

Post by Charley » July 31st, 2018, 12:59 pm

Have fun! Loowit is awesome. I particularly recommend dry camping on the Plains of Abraham. Seeing the sun rise on the barren east side of MSH is a real unique experience.
Believe it or not, I barely ever ride a mountain bike.

Kerraeb

Post by Kerraeb » August 3rd, 2018, 7:15 am

https://8thlnt.wordpress.com/

Oregon and Washington are amazing.

Welcome!
Some days are diamonds, some days are stones.