Hello

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
byoc

Hello

Post by byoc » June 7th, 2018, 10:57 am

Hello. Technically, I'm from WA, but I do most of my hiking in the Umatilla NF, so I spend a lot of time in OR. Also, I'm more of a backpacker than a hiker. I think there's a distinction. My wife and I are fairly avid backpackers. We try to get to the mountains whenever we have some free time. There's not much of a community for people on the east side of the state, especially on the WA forums. Hopefully there will be more here.

jeffstatt

Re: Hello

Post by jeffstatt » June 7th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Hi byoc! Welcome! A good mix of hikers and backpackers here - and a fair number of Washingtonians (including myself). Looking forward to hearing about your travels!

texasbb

Post by texasbb » June 7th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Howdy, byoc, from another east-sider. I'm in SE WA. The we(s)t-siders here let me participate without much push-back. :)

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » June 9th, 2018, 6:14 am

west siders like to go to the east side to get out of the infernal rain, thanks for tolerating us :)

K.Wagner

Post by K.Wagner » June 13th, 2018, 8:57 am

Us Washington west siders like to go anywhere that we think will have less rain!
Kelly
There is no shortcut to anyplace worth going to.

PM me about the soon to be released:
Skamania 231
"How to really get off the beaten path in Skamania County"