Hi!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
jc_madden

Hi!

Post by jc_madden » February 6th, 2018, 7:43 am

Hullo!

My name is Colin, I moved to Portland from Anchorage Alaska about 8 years ago, but I'm originally from Georgia (long time ago). I only just got into outdoor activities 3 years ago (strange, I know) but now I'm hooked. I go to Elk meadows several times a year and I go winter camping at a few places 2-3 times a year. I've been to a few other places down near Eugene. But I'm really looking to branch out and explore more.

I love hammock camping and I'm an ultralight enthusiast. I'm not militant about it, but I like making smart choices so I can carry luxury gear/items that I really want to. I LOVE cooking steaks on hot coals with a shot of whiskey! I follow a ketogenic diet, so feel free to ask me about that if you're interested. I also consider myself a survival enthusiast, so I like practicing those skills when I'm camping if possible. I prefer dispersion camping where possible and like getting out there off trail.

I work with several folks who also like to go with me, our group ranges from 2-8 people. I am open to more group hikes and hope to meet some cool people! We work 12s in shifts, so we have the back half of the week off so we often go during the weekdays (great for beating the crowds).

Right now I'm planning a 2 night trip down Salmon River Trail next week.

Me and my buddy Joe!

justpeachy

Re: Hi!

Post by justpeachy » February 6th, 2018, 10:11 am

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post trip reports of your adventures. :D