Slug Butt checking in :)

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
SlugButt

Slug Butt checking in :)

Post by SlugButt » August 30th, 2017, 11:51 am

My trail name is Slug Butt and I've been a hiker since I was a child, having grown up in the Columbia Gorge for the majority of my life. I acquired this lovely nickname on my first backpacking trip in 2013, when I accidentally sat on a banana slug... Needless to say, I threw my favorite pair of pants away soon after returning to the comforts of civilization! Since then, I've gone on many solo and partnered backpacking trips throughout Washington and Oregon, and even did a few treks in Utah and Arizona while on vacation one year. While I enjoy the Pacific Northwest immensely, I would love to hike parts of Montana, Idaho and California in the future. I would love to find others to backpack with, though be warned, I'm as slow as a slug, take breaks regularly, and limit my stay in the wilderness to three day trips.

When I first started backpacking I noticed a lack of allergen friendly trail meals and decided to start making my own using already dehydrated ingredients. After three years of experimentation, I've finally started creating edible concoctions!!! I'm even considering creating a cookbook for the recipes I've created!

I finally joined the forum because I wanted to contribute some photos from a trip I did in 2013 at Battle Creek Shelter, though I haven't the faintest clue as of how to go about that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Angela :)

retired jerry

Re: Slug Butt checking in :)

Post by retired jerry » August 30th, 2017, 12:08 pm

I pick up slugs from the garden and throw them onto my roof. Or in the neighbor's yard. I hope they're not reading this.

packitgourmet.com has a lot of dehydrated food. I buy several of they're ingredients and then combine.

click "choose file", file has to be 2MB max, click "add the file", position cursor where in your report you want the picture, click "place inline"
DSCF9959re.jpg

dayhike

Re: Slug Butt checking in :)

Post by dayhike » February 26th, 2018, 2:34 pm

I related to your post. I backpacked as a kid for a couple summers, and spend some time every year in the woods, but new to the sport. I have 2 trips planned for the summer and am looking for some spring conditioning hikes. I would like the opportunity to learn from those that know about gear, dehydrated food, and craft. email me if you would care to talk/hike. [email protected]