new to the area; love this resource

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
abramj17

new to the area; love this resource

Post by abramj17 » July 10th, 2017, 9:18 pm

hey guys,

i'm a new grad from oakland, ca, looking to contribute to the community and hopefully meet some new people! i've been living in the pacific northwest for a little over 4 years now and always find myself on wta.org or oregonhikers.org before embarking on an adventure. i graduated with a degree in anthropology from pacific lutheran university and was a outdoor recreation leader all four years of college. plu is located in south tacoma, so if you’re looking for some direction on what hikes to check out in the mt. rainier or olympic national parks, i might be able to help you out.

of the outdoor activities, i particularly enjoy trail running, bouldering, and backpacking.

i aim to post at least four times a month, so check me out when you can!

upcoming posts will include/be related to:

badger creek trail, hamilton mountain, devil's peak/salmon river trail, and my recent road trip to CO (yellowstone, grand teton national park, and RMNP)

every now and then i might briefly comment on a piece of gear if something really stands out.

cheers,

abe
Last edited by abramj17 on July 16th, 2017, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justpeachy

Re: new to the area; love this resource

Post by justpeachy » July 12th, 2017, 11:43 am

Welcome, Abe! Looking forward to your reports! :D

bobcat

Re: new to the area; love this resource

Post by bobcat » July 19th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Nice to have you posting! It's always good to get "road trip" reports from out-of-state. Has us thinking beyond Herman Creek, Paradise Park, etc.