Greetings!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
LivingThePCT

Greetings!

Post by LivingThePCT » June 17th, 2017, 12:58 pm

Hey all!

I've been a fairly long time lurker for Oregon Hikers to grab trip data and figure out where we want to go, etc. This site is an amazing resource. I was making a similar site for close-in Portland, with full data on all of Forest Park and branching out but had a major site data loss and haven't had the chance to rebuild. Me and my wife are avid hikers of mild to medium experience, getting out every weekend to experience this amazing region we live in. We're planning on a 2019 PCT nobo bid (hence the username) so have lots of training ahead. We're both making PCT prep blog/vlog/sites. I'm an aspiring photographer and will be making a photo book to document the experiences of the journey. Off the trail I do a specialized form of rehab work, which covers just about all types of rehab needs.

This year our biggest goals are backpacking the timberline loop, and summiting South Sister.

Aimless

Re: Greetings!

Post by Aimless » June 19th, 2017, 9:37 am

Sorry to hear about your data loss. One of the strengths of a social/sharing site like this one is that the data comes from hundreds of sources, so it aggregates quickly, but no one person has to do all the work. Your PCT thru hike should be fun, even if it is a rather peculiar form of 'fun' to hike 20+ miles a day for months on end, carrying a couple dozen pounds on your back, wearing the same clothes every day, sleeping on the ground every night, swatting bugs, and eating rehydrated food and bridge club snacks for every meal. ;)