Finally joining the community!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
amgonser

Finally joining the community!

Post by amgonser » May 13th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Hello! My name is Amanda and I have lived in Portland about 5 years and have been a huge fan of this site - using it to discover hikes, be prepared before setting out, and for the maps and photos. So, thank you to all of you; I am happy to now join and be able to contribute back with trip reports and updates.

I'm originally from Washington, and have enjoyed hiking in the Lewis County area a lot growing up, and have very much loved exploring the Gorge and other parts of Oregon as I venture further with my day-hikes. I am an intermediate hiker who enjoys day-hikes both alone and with a friend or two. I love searching out new wildflowers, waterfalls, and always stop to take in the beauty of the state as I make my way along the trail. My love for hiking doesn't stop when I leave Oregon though, and because I travel for work, I have had the opportunity to also put my hiking boots to work in Costa Rica, Ireland, Spain, and various US states.

My upcoming hike to-do list includes hikes further away from Portland, where I live: Umpqua Forest, the Rogue River trail, the Rogue-Siskiyou Forest, and the Umatilla Forest - lots to do!

Happy Trails,
Amanda

justpeachy

Re: Finally joining the community!

Post by justpeachy » May 13th, 2017, 6:45 pm

Welcome! Looking forward to your trip reports! :D
I have had the opportunity to also put my hiking boots to work in Costa Rica, Ireland, Spain, and various US states.
Super cool! I hope to do that someday.

retired jerry

Re: Finally joining the community!

Post by retired jerry » May 13th, 2017, 7:02 pm

welcome, yeah, lots to do :)