Recent transplant to Bend

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
calipidder

Recent transplant to Bend

Post by calipidder » February 23rd, 2017, 12:30 pm

New-ish resident of Bend here. My husband, dog and I moved up last summer. We're originally from Michigan, then spent long enough in California to get addicted to the mountains. During my time time in CA I backpacked all over the Sierra - through hiked the John Muir trail and the High Sierra trail twice. I got sick of the crowds on trails so I started to venture off trail and do peak bagging. I spent my summers climbing peaks in the sierra and my winters climbing peaks in the desert. I have over 250 CA summits under my belt.

We've spent the past 6 months settling into our new home and hiking the standard popular trails in the area - Tumalo Falls, Smith Rock, Oregon Badlands, etc. But I am someone who is drawn to exploring the less traveled locations - if anyone needs advice on random nooks & crannies in Death Valley or Mojave I'm your girl. I am super excited to start exploring to the east and find new remote terrain and peaks to bag.

I've been coming to Bend for years and have poked through this website a bit before for trip reports and hike information, but I figured I should probably create an account so I can start sharing back once I gain more experience in this beautiful state!

justpeachy

Re: Recent transplant to Bend

Post by justpeachy » February 23rd, 2017, 8:36 pm

calipidder wrote:I have over 250 CA summits under my belt.
WOW!

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to reading your trip reports! :D

jessbee

Re: Recent transplant to Bend

Post by jessbee » February 24th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Hit me up if you want an adventure buddy. I moved to Bend in July and I've already burned through the popular stuff, been exploring well off the beaten track out here too.

Welcome!
Will break trail for beer.

Blog and photos