Hello hikers!

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
LeeFow

Hello hikers!

Post by LeeFow » February 17th, 2017, 10:00 am

Hello everyone!

I have used the website and forum for a couple years to help plan trips and get info. I figured it was time to add to the community.

I am Oregon born/raised (near McMinnville in the coast range foothills) and I have lived in Eugene since 2005. I have worked outdoors for 11 years as a professional trail builder/bridge builder/remote access construction/fence builder/tree planter/wild land firefighter/etc. for a local contractor. For the last 7 years trail building has been my focus but it all depends on what jobs come up. I have worked on trails in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii and California.

I have been a backpacking since I was a young child but in the last year or two have been getting the itch to do more. I hope to do some long distance thru hikes soon (OCT, NUT, PNT, etc.) but it can be very rare for me to get prime hiking season time off.

I did a hike of the Rogue river trail earlier this week and I hope to add it to the trip reports real soon.

I hope I can add a different perspective to this community as a hiker and a trail builder.

Thanks!

-Lee

retired jerry

Re: Hello hikers!

Post by retired jerry » February 17th, 2017, 11:55 am

welcome

I just did the east end of Rogue River a couple weeks ago, great time of year to do it