departure

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
retired jerry

Re: departure

Post by retired jerry » March 4th, 2017, 9:41 am

I really appreciate your posts VM. South Oregon has some great spots but fewer people here, so TRs always welcome

But did you click on the map showing your (approximate) location?

VanMarmot

Post by VanMarmot » March 4th, 2017, 1:58 pm

retired jerry wrote:I really appreciate your posts VM. South Oregon has some great spots but fewer people here, so TRs always welcome

But did you click on the map showing your (approximate) location?
Thanks! I just added my "approximate" location down here in the State of Jefferson. Less crowded, more sunshine...

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » March 4th, 2017, 2:47 pm

great!

the only thing I don't like about the state of Jefferson is your National Public Radio (Jefferson Public Radio) sucks! It plays music all the time, just a few hours of news and stuff.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » March 4th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Mayhem Lives! :lol:
retired jerry wrote:only thing I don't like about the state of Jefferson is your National Public Radio (Jefferson Public Radio) sucks! It plays music all the time, just a few hours of news and stuff.
Cool! Made me look. :)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

derwoodynck

Post by derwoodynck » March 4th, 2017, 5:43 pm

VanMarmot wrote: So is posting a TR - even an abbreviated one - OK, while posting just a link, or a bunch of links, is not? Or does the TR have to appear in full only on the OH site and on no other site to be acceptable? These seem like murky waters to me and I'm going to need some help understanding what's wanted here.
My take on it is posting in the TR forum that you we went to XXX and then giving a link to our own blog is the type of thing being talked about. I often don't post our TRs here because someone else usually has just done one on the same trail so unless there is something very different about our experience we do our blog post and that's it.

When I do post a TR it's typically different from our blog post about it due to differences in audience. We started the blog primarily for friends and family to keep tabs on what we were up to so it is heavier on personal experiences. When I post a TR here I try and stick more to the details of the hike and current conditions.

Like VM I link back to content from OH from time to time as well as a link to the OH home page under resources on our sidebar.

Guy

Post by Guy » March 4th, 2017, 6:03 pm

kepPNW wrote:Mayhem Lives! :lol:
On top of a mountain!
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » March 4th, 2017, 6:22 pm

Guy wrote:
kepPNW wrote:Mayhem Lives! :lol: