Hey!! Greetings from the Phantom of Burp Hallow

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
[email protected]

Hey!! Greetings from the Phantom of Burp Hallow

Post by [email protected] » February 4th, 2017, 1:00 pm

I just joined Oregon Hikers.
My name is Dr. Bob and I live in Burp Hallow OR, the Mojave Desert, and in Honolulu. I've been walking up and down in the world for most of my life. My experience includes trail and cross-country walking in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and more. I trekked solo across the Mojave Desert a year ago, a distance of about 400 off road miles.

I am a writer, composer, and a kick-ass rock and blues piano player. I have written several books, latest being Walking Man - The Secret Life of Colin Fletcher, the man who walked through time (and a hell of other places to boot). Walking Man was a finalist in the 2016 Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival.

To do field research for this book, in addition to the trans-Mojave journey, I backpacked solo through Lake Clarke National Park, walked from Seward Alaska to Lost Lake, then went cross-country to the southern end of the Resurrection Trail and on to Hope. I've spent much time walking in the remote outback of Death Valley and Grand Canyon, traipsed all over the Cascades and Sierra N California, through the Cascades of S Oregon, and summited Mts. Rainer, Hood, Shasta, and many others.

As a musician I've worked with many of the world's top artists. Since they know who they are there is no need to name them here.

'm very pleased to have found OregonHikers.com

Best,
Dr. Bob wehrman

retired jerry

Re: Hey!! Greetings from the Phantom of Burp Hallow

Post by retired jerry » February 4th, 2017, 2:06 pm

welcome, nice hiking experience

in a future life, I'm going to be a blues piano player

Aimless

Post by Aimless » February 4th, 2017, 8:13 pm

I had to look up Burp Hollow, OR, and I've lived in Oregon for 60 years. Welcome.

Lurch

Post by Lurch » February 10th, 2017, 8:14 am

Been through Burp Hallow thousands of times, welcome aboard!