Hiking Burro looking for hiking companion

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
ritarose

Hiking Burro looking for hiking companion

Post by ritarose » August 2nd, 2016, 5:04 pm

HI, I am working with BLM to find homes for Burro's. I have in training at this time a lovely 2 year old Burro that loves the mountains and loves to pack. She will be up for adoption/ auction Sept 1 at the Oregon State fair. She is easy to handle and would be a awesome companion if your planning a long hike, they will alert you to trouble, pack your supplies, affordable to keep, and incredibly loyal. Please forward this message to any one you think may be interested. I am not making money just hoping to find a great home for this wonderful creature. Her name is Mona Lisa because she will make you smile! Pictures available upon request!
Happy trails,

Webfoot

Re: Hiking Burro looking for hiking companion

Post by Webfoot » August 20th, 2016, 11:58 pm

I think this is really cool and I hope your burro finds a good home. :)

There are a number of backpacking destinations I have looked wistfully at and thought "maybe if I had a pack animal." (I have a bad back.) Sadly there is simply no way that is happening. :|

sprengers4jc

Post by sprengers4jc » August 22nd, 2016, 7:50 am

What a great idea! Best of luck in rehoming your burro :)
'We travel not to escape life but for life to not escape us.'
-Unknown

ritarose

Post by ritarose » August 23rd, 2016, 5:26 am

Thanks to all that have looked at my post! Remember on your next pack trip when your feet are tired your back is sore, just think if you only had a burro to pack your load....... :D

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » August 25th, 2016, 8:10 am

Oh, man, this is why I hate living in an apartment. I hope Mona Lisa finds a worthy home.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

ritarose

Post by ritarose » August 25th, 2016, 8:30 am

Mona Lisa will be at the Oregon State Fair, Aug 31 and Sept 1 (Wed & Thursday) if you have a chance come by and check her out her stall will be decorated red white and blue she will be available for adoption at silent auction thru BLM, stop and say hi and wish her a happy home, and tell her you hope to see her along trail sometime soon!

Thanks you for your positive feedback and positive wishes!

Leslie and Mona Lisa the worlds best pack~burro~

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » August 25th, 2016, 8:58 am

There must be more horse oriented forums. This probably isn't the best place to look for a burro home.

Anyone know of such?

llamero

Post by llamero » August 25th, 2016, 9:45 am

I'm curious. What saddle and panniers do you use on a pack burro? I use Flaming Star on my llamas, but I doubt they work on burros. How often do burros need to see a vet and what maintenance do they need through the year? has ML seen a vet lately? How much feed does she need? A picture would be nice.
Thanks

ritarose

Post by ritarose » August 25th, 2016, 3:19 pm

I purchased my pack saddle and panniers from Outfitters pack station, they are made to fit my Mini mules. I have promoted this burro on many sites, choose this site because I meet many hikers when I pack into wilderness who have said they wish they had a pack critter. Kind of wanted to get folks thinking! ;)
Attachments
ML4.jpeg
This is Mona Lisa after 10 days of training going over obstacles

ritarose

Post by ritarose » August 25th, 2016, 3:25 pm

will post picture with her pack gear tomorrow