Howdy all you helpful hikers :)

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
DustyFeet7700

Howdy all you helpful hikers :)

Post by DustyFeet7700 » July 28th, 2016, 7:14 am

Howdy, I'm DF. I've been hiking here in the PCNW for over a decade ever since moving from the mid-west. Been using the forums and the field guide a lot lately so I thought I would join up and maybe contribute to the TRs. Compared to the other adventure seekers, and UL backpackers on this board, I'm guessing my TRs will be a little boring. Hopefully they will be a tiny corner of helpfulness among all the greatness being submitted.

Favorite hike is Munra Point. ( I do it once each year. ) My next trip is to Jefferson Park via Park Ridge; single night overnight; goal will be to explore the area for a family backpacking trip next year.

Thanks again to all contributors: for all the great info past, present, and future. And thanks to those who set-up and maintain this community.

Most sincerely,

DF

Naturebat

Re: Howdy all you helpful hikers :)

Post by Naturebat » July 29th, 2016, 4:43 am

Welcome to Oregon Hikers, DF!

Jefferson Park via Park Ridge is incredibly beautiful. I did that hike quite early this year when it was still under heavy snow. The road is extremely rough (more like a creek-bed :lol: ), but the hike is so, so worth it! Enjoy your trip! :D
- Previously ElementalFX