Looking for Hiking pals

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
BoxKite

Looking for Hiking pals

Post by BoxKite » June 12th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Long time hiker looking for friendly outdoors folks for treks of many kinds. Can hike weekdays or weekends, day hikes or longer. Peaks, meadows, valleys or canyons, but no technical climbing. Hike OR/WA/ID/CA. I live in the Beaverton-Portland area.

Peder

Re: Looking for Hiking pals

Post by Peder » June 13th, 2016, 11:58 am

Welcome Boxkite! I hike all kinds of stuff too and on all kinds of days (preferring weekdays). Once I get back to Oregon, I would enjoy joining you on an outing (anybody who has an interest in Archer must be OK!). :D
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

BoxKite

Post by BoxKite » June 13th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Sure, let me know when you can go !

jointhedance

Post by jointhedance » June 16th, 2016, 7:53 am

hello Boxkite,
I'm down for more distant hikes. What is on your list? Washington has a lot of charms. Vesper has been on my list. I live in Garden Home/Multnomah area

BoxKite

Post by BoxKite » June 16th, 2016, 4:04 pm

jointhedance wrote:hello Boxkite,
I'm down for more distant hikes. What is on your list? Washington has a lot of charms. Vesper has been on my list. I live in Garden Home/Multnomah area
Yea, Vesper would be a great. Maybe combine it with 1-2 other hikes and camp. I've hiked a few areas in North Cascades (eg, Sourdough Trail). Also would like to re-do Fife's Ridge east of Ranier, or anything in the Olympics.

I'll take a look and get a list.

jointhedance

Post by jointhedance » June 16th, 2016, 5:25 pm

i like an overnighter, at some gorgeous locale. In a tent, I am afflicted with sleeplessness, so one night is plenty. Two days gone is a better fit with the rest of my life.

mhorn

Post by mhorn » July 19th, 2016, 8:48 am

Greeting all,
My son and I would like to get in 1 or 2 more hikes this year. We've been on 2 so far - Eagle Creek to lake Wahtum lake and Siouxon Peak - Would rater do an overnight hike as well. Game for about anywhere.

mountainkat

Post by mountainkat » July 19th, 2016, 12:00 pm

Hi, I hike a lot as well, and wouldn't mind hiking partner(s) on weekdays! I spend a lot of time on the trails all over Washington in the summer. PM me if you'd like to meet up sometime!