A few stats....

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
anna in boots

A few stats....

Post by anna in boots » June 26th, 2008, 1:45 pm

...for those who have met me, those who haven't, and those who are wondering a few things.

Kidhood: Family camping along the limestone bluffs overlooking the confluence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers, canoeing, riding in Cessnas, lots and lots of tree climbing.
Teenhood: Anywhere away from family that a '69 DeVille could reach.
Early adulthood: Bagging 14ners in the Rocky Mountains, scrambling rock formations in Utah, absorbing steam from hot springs, geysers, and fumeroles in Yellowstone State Park.
Recent adulthood: Mental reorganization to put fun first, relaxation a close second, and taking the conquering of things completely out of the picture. Going by feel.
Aspiring adulthood: Trail running, more scrambling, revival of body building, body surfing somewhere warm, mental peace.

anna in boots
Current trip reports at All Thoughts Work™ Outdoors
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

anna in boots

Re: A few stats....

Post by anna in boots » July 4th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Doesn't anyone want to welcome me?

(sniff)

sad anna in boots
Current trip reports at All Thoughts Work™ Outdoors
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Excursionista

Post by Excursionista » July 5th, 2008, 2:12 am

Anna, welcome!

I should also introduce myself. Independent bookseller in Portland, trying to hike at least once a week. I'm a freelance and creative writer and a homebrewer. Have lived and traveled and hiked all over the world. Only been hiking seriously for a few years, but have done multi-days in the Olympics and Wallowas along with extensive Gorge exploration and some Mt. Hood "excursions." I listen to Phish, the Dead, Bob Marley, Spearhead, jambands, classic rock, etc, and read extensively - favorite writers are Borges, Calvino, Stafford, and Snyder.

I guess I'm a buddhist-hippie at heart, but I still eat meat.

And I gotta say, this site and everyone on it is a great resource. I'm looking forward to meeting, talking and sharing! And for you photographers and trip reporters out there... my "wish list" of hikes has tripled in just the last month, thanks to you! Keep up the great work!

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » July 5th, 2008, 5:14 am

Welcome sad anna in boots

I didn't know that Meercats wore boots

Jane

Post by Jane » July 5th, 2008, 5:52 am

anna in boots wrote:...

Kidhood: Family camping along the limestone bluffs overlooking the confluence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers, canoeing, riding in Cessnas, lots and lots of tree climbing.
Teenhood: Anywhere away from family that a '69 DeVille could reach...
Welcome again Anna! It was fun to meet you, your enthusiasm is contagious : ) I am also from that neck of the woods (southern Minnesota), and climbing craggy oaks (and making tree forts of course), and canoeing the St. Croix or the Root Rivers I have fond memories. The fall colors along the bluffs are brilliant, huh. And our family's 1960-something Chevy station wagon took us to places like the north shore (Lake Superior), Mt. Rushmore (SD) , and Wisconson Dells for our vacations : )

And welcome Excursionista! Looking forward to hearing about your outing experiences as well!