Welcome back Jason

Introduce yourself to the group! We welcome novice and expert alike! We especially love hearing from those new to Portland and those new to hiking
JasonS

Welcome back Jason

Post by JasonS » April 24th, 2013, 10:27 am

Hi all,

My name is Jason. I grew up in OR and moved down to CA after college. I'm back in OR for 6 months for work and came across this site as I was looking for info on hikes that I did back in the day. I love it! Great site, nicely organized and full of the info I want.

Most of my hiking in CA has been in the Tahoe area: Mt. Tallac, Pyramid Peak, Mt. Ralston. Some hikes in the foothills and a few on the coast, and I also made the trip to Yosemite for Half Dome.

Some of the OR hikes I remember (and want to get back to while I'm here) are: Silver Falls, Opal Creek, Marys Peak, Ape Cave, Lava Canyon...
I want to try some new hikes in the area as well but haven't decided which yet.

My favorite hikes tend to be just about as much as I can get out of a full day without having to camp. :)

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

Jane

Re: Welcome back Jason

Post by Jane » April 25th, 2013, 10:07 pm

Welcome Jason! Do check the Field Guide for many hike options to check out. Look forward to any reports you may have during your 6 months here :)

hlee

Re: Welcome back Jason

Post by hlee » April 26th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Welcome back! Look forward to hearing some trip reports from you sometime soon, especially with the beautiful weather we're currently enjoying.

Hannah

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.
-- T.S. Eliot