Little Zigzag Exploratory

Discussions and Trip Reports for off-trail adventures and rediscovering lost trails
jaimito

Re: Little Zigzag Exploratory

Post by jaimito » September 28th, 2008, 11:51 am

Splintercat wrote:Not as far as we went, Casey - that's what I had in mind, as you can guess, but it's pretty flat terrain in the section from the falls to the first creek fork. Next up will be the section from that first creek to the spot where Sand Canyon comes in, but I think I'll save that for a dry, early Spring day when things are a bit less leafed out. It looks brushy up there!

Back to Yocum, when I was exploring that area a few years ago, I put this map together -- the entire extent of the falls was once visible from the old highway, thanks to turn-of-the-20th Century fires, but for us, each segment is the best we can hope for.

I'm guessing that you're talking about the drop just below the No. 2 segment (Middle Yocum)? Do you have pics of that one? I've only seen it from above, but didn't scramble below it.

Tom

Great old shot of Yocum Tom, very cool to see it in its entirety. I imagine we'll never get to see it like that in our lifetime, although maybe during fall?

Thanks / Jamie

The C-Ws

Post by The C-Ws » September 29th, 2008, 11:23 am

I was actually referring to the #2 drop that you photographed. The drop directly below didn't really look vertical enough to qualify as a waterfall, and I didn't take a picture of it.

Thanks for the beta on the other falls. Horseshoe and Lost Creeks are definitely on my short list, as well as Short Creek.
Casey

bush_marmot

Post by bush_marmot » October 15th, 2008, 8:31 pm

jeffstatt wrote:This is one of many recon trips Tom has done over the years - even prior to TKO forming.

We're glad to have his intrepid spirit on board!
I second that!!
:D

Peter