I am encouraging others to hike this while it is possible, explore its extent, and help keep the tread open in the process. I believe this is the easiest way to access the segment I walked:
- Take FR 48 south from Oregon highway 35 at White River, or west from Wamic
- Turn south on FR 4885 (45.1838, -121.5412)
- Continue for 0.9 mile and turn left/east on Old Barlow Road 3530 (45.1792, -121.5255)
- Drive half a mile to Boulder Creek and park on the near side of the bridge (45.1763, -121.5173)
- Cross the bridge on foot, pass through an erosion-damaged section of road, and continue for a third of a mile to where 3530 crosses The Lost & Boulder Ditch (45.1758, -121.5133)
- Walk the west side of the canal in either direction.