Parkett Creek

Discussions and Trip Reports for off-trail adventures and rediscovering lost trails
chameleon

Parkett Creek

Post by chameleon » September 28th, 2017, 3:01 pm

A few weeks ago I got to hit what has become an Oregon canyoning classic. Parkett Creek is a beautiful stream south of Detroit Lake. For competent bushwhackers, viewing the two lowest tiers of Parkett Creek Falls isn't especially difficult. However, seeing all five tiers requires technical canyoning. There is a very thorough rope-wiki entry on it for potential visitors.
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Canyon-Main-Waterfall-Canyoning-Pacific-Northwest.jpg
It certainly is a special place!
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Detroit-Lake-Canyon-Parking-Area-Logging-Pullout.jpg
Parkett-Creek-Canyon-Oregon-First-Rappel-Short-Waterfall-Into-Pool.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Canyon-Oregon-Upper-Canyon-Basalt-Slabs-Columns.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Canyon-Canyoning-Top-of-First-Rappel.jpg
Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Canyon-Looking-Down-From-Top-Tier-of-Waterfall.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Canyon-Oregon-Top-Tier-of-Main-Waterfall.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Canyon-Oregon-Looking-Down-Second-Tier-of-Main-Waterfall-Heart-Shape.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Canyon-Rappeling-Second-Tier-of-Main-Waterfall.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Detroit-Lake-Canoneering-Canyoning-Above-Main-Tier.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Canyoneering-Canyoning-Main-Tier-Oregon.jpg

chameleon

Re: Parkett Creek

Post by chameleon » September 28th, 2017, 3:08 pm

A few more pics!
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Canyoning-Nick-Ryan-Haruka-Looking-Downstream-in-Upper-Canyon.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Canyoning-Nick-Ryan-Haruka-Looking-Downstream-in-Upper-Canyon.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Oregon-Canyon-Downstream-of-Main-Waterfall.jpg
Zach-Forsyth-Parkett-Creek-Falls-Looking-Down-From-Halfway-Up-Scramble-Out.jpg

Chip Down

Re: Parkett Creek

Post by Chip Down » September 30th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Impressive stuff, as always.
Makes me feel bad about being such a wimp that I stayed in town today because of "scattered showers" in the forecast (oh well, I kinda needed a break).