Name this Waterfall

Discussions and Trip Reports for off-trail adventures and rediscovering lost trails
chameleon

Re: Name this Waterfall

Post by chameleon » March 29th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Tom - Yeah, I checked out what Pablo indicated was a falls. This is on the tributary stream, and the stream does drop probably 50 ft very quickly, but never really becomes vertical or truly fallsish. I agree with him that it certainly does sound like a falls from the road though! - very loud!

Cutting down to the falls I originally posted this thread on is pretty steep, but not difficult - just physically draining climbing back up. Next time I go I think I'm going to bring a fly-rod. The holes, etc...on Lindsey would be incredibly fun with a royal wolfe! I'm also very excited about the stream above that falls - either a very deep slot canyon, or there is another falls shortly thereafter.

For Pablos benefit...there is a road that branches off down to cross the stream (its above the very bottom falls (Harrison falls) from this road. And I am absolutely certain that the road I was following was Pablo's and it was definately a logging road. There was evidence of trees cut everywhere - very sad. The new trees are probably between 10 and 40 years old. So the area may have been logged in the 70's? Anyway, its a pretty neat road.