Two More Waterfalls on Ruckel!

Discussions and Trip Reports for off-trail adventures and rediscovering lost trails
aywolfpac

Re: Two More Waterfalls on Ruckel!

Post by aywolfpac » February 25th, 2009, 8:20 pm

That's definitely a gorgeous waterfall. Great find.

AlexanderSupertramp

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » February 25th, 2009, 9:24 pm

chameleon wrote:Adam,
I just looked up Pup Creek Falls, and you're right! This does resemble a shorter, stouter version of Pup Creek Falls. It also kind of looks like upper Blackbear falls on Fern Creek (Eagle Creek tributary). I'm going to have to check out Pup Creek falls sometime - the photo I saw on Flicr of it was very elegant! Thanks for the mentioning it - I can't wait to see that one in person!
-Zach
Glad to spark some interest Zach. For comparison's sake, here is a pic of pup creek falls from when Thea and I went last summer. Thanks again for the fantastic post.

Adam

moabmatt

Post by moabmatt » March 7th, 2009, 7:53 pm

Zach,

Congrats on finding new stuff! I really enjoy reading about your explorations in the Gorge. And it's nice to hear that there is someone else using ropes to explore Oregon's canyons. It's just mind-blowing to me that despite the proximity of these canyons to major cities there are still waterfalls out there that are unknown. Big ones, too!

It's funny that Pup Creek is mentioned. Last year a friend and I hiked that canyon from the forest road (#5410) down to the Clackamas and had a great time. It is a wonderful, adventurous hike with a half dozen waterfalls. Someday I'll write a trip report...

I'll be back in Oregon in late June. We need to get together and explore some canyons!

Matt

AlexanderSupertramp

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » March 7th, 2009, 10:38 pm

Welcome aboard Matt. Fantastic pic! It really gives some perspective on the size of the falls.

Adam

chameleon

Post by chameleon » March 8th, 2009, 2:23 pm

Awesome Matt! We should definately get together for some canyons, just send me a message when you're interested in going. I generally go on Sundays and Mondays, but hopefully will get to take some vacations days this summer for some longer trips on various days of the week. Definately post a report on Pup creek when you get a chance.
-Zach