Old Roaring River Trail???

Discussions and Trip Reports for off-trail adventures and rediscovering lost trails
RobFromRedland

Re: Old Roaring River Trail???

Post by RobFromRedland » August 18th, 2012, 1:19 am

You could be right, Paul. That alignment looks very similar, although the route we took was a little more north/south, but it generally fits. It is possible the upper portion of our journey wasn't on the old trail, either.

You are much more the master on old trails than I.....I'm just a wannabe old trail finder, trying to learn from the masters.

So I guess maybe I should alter my statement - I haven't hiked the 509 trail - and I don't recall seeing ANYTHING when we crossed the river.

Two things I distinctly remember about that day - it was WET and it is a LONG climb out of that canyon. It started out misty, and by the time we got back, it was raining pretty good and we were both soaked and pretty tired due to the 2000' climb.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW! What a ride! - Hunter S. Thompson