Wahe with fall colors

Discussions and Trip Reports for off-trail adventures and rediscovering lost trails
chameleon

Wahe with fall colors

Post by chameleon » October 28th, 2008, 10:26 am

On Monday I hiked up Munra pt. and then back down to the stream and hiked up to the third falls on Moffett and back hoping to get some good fall colors on the stream. It was an absolutely beautiful day, and I was not disappointed by the colors. They were great!

I've posted a few photos, and will post more later.
-Zach
1309 ph.jpg
This is Wahe.
100_1330 ph.jpg
Looking down from the top of Moffett Cr. Falls
100_1336 ph.jpg
Looking up-stream from the top of Moffett Creek falls
1325 ph.jpg
100_1320 ph.jpg
100_1292 ph.jpg
Looking upstream from above Wahe, I'll post some more phots of looking down this 4-tiered fall later.
1277 ph.jpg
apocolypse 2 ph.jpg
This is the third falls on Moffett. I'll post more photos later.
-Zach

jaimito

Re: Wahe with fall colors

Post by jaimito » October 28th, 2008, 10:54 am

Great shots Zach, that first shot of Wahe is probably one of the best I've seen… cheers

Jamie

pyles_94

Post by pyles_94 » October 28th, 2008, 4:56 pm

yeah, i love your first picture! great exposures.
Jamey Pyles

chameleon

Post by chameleon » October 29th, 2008, 9:58 am

Here are a few more pics of my hike on Monday.
leaf moffett crk falls ph.jpg
looking down wahe ph.jpg
the chute from other side ph copy.jpg
top of wahe 1 ph.jpg

jaimito

Post by jaimito » October 29th, 2008, 8:01 pm

Zach is that shot of the chute at Moffet Creek falls or the chute to get above wahe?

Jamie

chameleon

Post by chameleon » October 30th, 2008, 4:56 pm

That chute is the one to get above Moffett Creek falls.

runman76

Post by runman76 » November 1st, 2008, 3:54 am

Chamelon, Those are great pictures. Can you please tell me what kind of camera that is? I am in the market for a new one this Christmas and those pics are very good. Thanks in advance

chameleon

Post by chameleon » November 1st, 2008, 10:38 am

Runman 76,
For all of those pics that day, I used my Kodak P880. I bought it a couple years ago when they discontinued it (for $250). I also have a Canon XSI (12 mp), but believe it or not, for water shots I simply still prefer my Kodak (8mp). It is very slow processing images, and terrible with macro, but for water and colors, it is phenomonal. It also gives you the option to record images in TIFF (which I love!!), and the image quality is really not that much worse than my canon. I'm extremely disappointed that they discontinued the camera. I just hope mine will keep working for a while longer.
If you search online, you may still be able to find a few stores that still have one or two in stock, and if you do and can afford it, my advice would be to snatch it up!
-Zach

pablo

Post by pablo » November 1st, 2008, 12:39 pm

runman76 wrote:Chamelon, Those are great pictures. Can you please tell me what kind of camera that is? I am in the market for a new one this Christmas and those pics are very good. Thanks in advance
More than the camera, Chameleon has an eye for composition. Likely he could take great pictures no matter what the brand of camera. It's what makes the pictures he takes 'art' and the pictures I take 'documentation'.

--Paul
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

baker9903

Post by baker9903 » November 5th, 2008, 10:54 am

pablo wrote:
runman76 wrote:Chamelon, Those are great pictures. Can you please tell me what kind of camera that is? I am in the market for a new one this Christmas and those pics are very good. Thanks in advance
More than the camera, Chameleon has an eye for composition. Likely he could take great pictures no matter what the brand of camera. It's what makes the pictures he takes 'art' and the pictures I take 'documentation'.

--Paul
Fantastic explanation. I have often wondered how to explain the fact that my photos seem so ordinary, while the same shot from someone else seems so spectacular. I love that - "documentation" - that is exactly what my photos are. And that isn't a bad thing, or even that my photos themselves are "bad" - just simply documenting the view at the time.