Save the Date! Give & Get Social - 12/10 End of Year Party

Use this forum to see or share information about upcoming events, hikes, speakers or trail-tending opportunities from Portland-area clubs and organizations. Posts to this forum will automatically delete after 90 days.
justpeachy

Save the Date! Give & Get Social - 12/10 End of Year Party

Post by justpeachy » November 8th, 2017, 7:49 am

Hello Oregon Hikers!

TKO's Give & Get Social commemorates a year of outdoor adventures on December 10th at Dig A Pony. Dance to sweet jams, get down on the silent auction and rock the raffle! Outdoorsy prizes! Buy drinks to donate -- everybody wins. Doors at 4PM and we stop when we drop.

Silent auction & raffle items:
[*] Wildcraft Studio - three passes for a hike & draw studio
[*] Poler Stuff camping kit - tent, napsack, mattress pad, chair & some small items
[*] Trust Co. refurbished axe & refurbished hatchet, artwork by Scapegoat Tattoo
[*] Olallie Lake Resort - two nights in a large cabin at Olallie Lake
[*] Outdoor Adventures Book Lover's bag - book bag, books, mug & tea
[*] Local artists - framed photography/illustrations & Mt. Hood quilt
[*] The Pines 1852 Vineyard - three wine baskets to include bottle, cheese plate for four & $25 gift card
[*] Leeward Northwest Surf & Sea & EVO Outdoor Store - gift cards
[*] New Seasons gift basket & gift card

RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tkos-give- ... 0856652347

TKO's 2017 Give & Get Social
Dig a Pony
736 SE Grand Ave, Portland

Many thanks to Dig a Pony for hosting our event -- you can learn more about this beautifully restored space on Southeast Grand Avenue on their website.

Guy

Re: Save the Date! Give & Get Social - 12/10 End of Year Par

Post by Guy » December 5th, 2017, 8:56 am

Is RSVP necessary? I really don't need another account that I have to register for!

Thanks.
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » December 5th, 2017, 10:50 am

If you show up without having RSVP-ed you won't be turned away. Hope to see you there! :D

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » December 5th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Guy wrote:Is RSVP necessary? I really don't need another account that I have to register for!

Thanks.
You and me both, Guy. I currently have 82 different passwords for all the sites I've been forced to register for. Some of them make me change my passwords every 3 months. I am so done with trying to keep track of everything!! :(
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

Guy

Post by Guy » December 5th, 2017, 5:35 pm

Don Nelsen wrote: You and me both, Guy. I currently have 82 different passwords for all the sites I've been forced to register for. Some of them make me change my passwords every 3 months. I am so done with trying to keep track of everything!! :(
:lol: :lol:
Hope to see you there Don, we may arrive a little later, it's going to be Sunny so we have to get a hike in first :)
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

bobcat

Post by bobcat » December 9th, 2017, 10:13 am

FYI, you don't need to create an account to register (that is optional); however, I did find that you can't register with Safari, so I had to open up another browser.

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » December 11th, 2017, 3:36 pm

Thanks to everyone who joined us at Dig a Pony yesterday! It was a fun and successful event and we raised $1500 for Trailkeepers of Oregon! You can see pictures from the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TrailkeepersOr ... 4887893911

If you're in search of Christmas gifts we still have some calendars left. :D

jaimito

Post by jaimito » December 11th, 2017, 4:33 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it… Hope everyone liked the calendars… awesome photos - always hard to just pick a few.

Guy

Post by Guy » December 16th, 2017, 8:59 am

The event seemed to have changed to have more of a Trail Keepers than Oregon Hikers feel/emphasis to it, was that the intent?

This isn't a criticism just an observation.
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » December 16th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Guy wrote:The event seemed to have changed to have more of a Trail Keepers than Oregon Hikers feel/emphasis to it, was that the intent?
Attendance was pretty low at the Oregon Hikers Meet n Deet last year so we tried a new format this year. The point of the event was always to celebrate hiking and give hikers a chance to socialize and that hasn't changed. And we still had the raffle and the calendar sales. But this year we also placed an emphasis on fundraising for TKO so that we can keep running the forum and field guide, as well as carry out TKO's mission. Ultimately it was still a fun social gathering for hikers. :D