Wildwood Recreation Area update

Post comments or questions about the Field Guide
squidvicious

Wildwood Recreation Area update

Post by squidvicious » May 23rd, 2017, 4:56 pm

The Wildwood Recreation Area Trailhead page could use a little update.

Under the Driving Directions section, it currently says "Keep straight here for the trailhead and drive 0.1 miles to make a left into the large trailhead parking circle. Pay at the self-service fee station here if the entrance booth is not staffed."

This latter part is no longer true. There is now an automated credit card kiosk at the entrance, next to (just beyond) the booth. Per a sign, by credit card here is now the only way to pay the fee--cash is not accepted, and there is no longer a pay box in the parking area.

It's stupidly easy to miss, because it's situated perpendicular to the road instead of facing it--so you have to get out of your car to pay--and just looks like an electrical box if you aren't looking for it. There is a little "Stop, Read This" sign, but it just looks like the regular list of rules that you glance at an assume you've read a hundred times. We drove right past.

bobcat

Re: Wildwood Recreation Area update

Post by bobcat » May 24th, 2017, 4:07 pm

Many thanks! I've made the changes as per your description.

squidvicious

Post by squidvicious » June 4th, 2017, 5:01 pm

I guess this is something of a work in progress. I was back there today, and there is now updated (still temporary) signage that makes the credit card kiosk thing clearer, but now also directs you to a cash/check option--a regular envelope pay station that they've installed 1,000 ft down the road, right at the right turn to the picnic area.

bobcat

Post by bobcat » June 6th, 2017, 4:42 am

Thanks, squidvicious. I've added the other option as well.