PCTA Mt. Hood Chapter Work Parties

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
Ron Goodwin

PCTA Mt. Hood Chapter Work Parties

Post by Ron Goodwin » August 5th, 2008, 8:18 pm

PCT Work Parties and pictures or least trying to get some on. All our work parties are posted on http://www.longtrails.com/mthood/ and reports also go to the FS Ranger District where the work is done. The July 31 work party was posted on the Mt. Hood NF web site on 8-1-08 as Maintained from Timberline to Barlow Pass. Trying to get pictures on. No pictures made it even following the directions for using the upload attachment. Took 5 minutes to get a picture loaded and then it never showed on the posting. Must be a easier way to go from C drive to here as I have no problem with e-mails and editing pictures. Murphy likes my computer.
Ron

rcPDX

Re: PCTA Mt. Hood Chapter Work Parties

Post by rcPDX » August 5th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Good Job Ron, look forward to photos. I heard you guys cut out 40+ logs on your section from Timberline to Barlow Pass on the PCT. Is the little campsite with water still there and is water running - this is just downhill (southbound) from the junction with Timberline. I'm curious because I think that's the first good water northbound from Barlow Pass / Highway 35.

Thanks.
Roberta

Ron Goodwin

Re: PCTA Mt. Hood Chapter Work Parties

Post by Ron Goodwin » August 8th, 2008, 9:59 am

Roberta,
That water supply seems to run all year and the snow should be off the campsite now. Still covered last Thursday with 1.5 feet of snow. Yes, it is the only water source in that section.
Ron