Clackamas River trail

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
turtle

Clackamas River trail

Post by turtle » February 7th, 2018, 9:22 pm

Anyone been on this trail lately? I've never been there. I was thinking of going Saturday starting from Indian Henry TH. How's the road for a Yaris? I am assuming no snow. Thanks for any info.
Summer breezes caressed me, my legs stepped forward as though possessed of their own appetite, and the mountains kept promising. Rebecca Solnit

RobFromRedland

Re: Clackamas River trail

Post by RobFromRedland » February 8th, 2018, 6:37 am

I haven't been on the trail for a while, but the road is paved all the way on both ends. (either Indian Henry or Fish Creek). I drove by last weekend and there were several cars at the Fish Creek trailhead. You will definitely encounter no snow this year.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW! What a ride! - Hunter S. Thompson

mountainkat

Post by mountainkat » February 8th, 2018, 9:23 am

We hiked almost all of it a few weeks ago, starting at the Fish Creek TH, leaving about the last mile to Indian Henry unhiked. The trail was fine, just a bit muddy and soggy in spots. It is a great substitute for many of the Gorge trails I miss so much! There's the one creek crossing near Pup Creek Falls that some people get worked up about. A few weeks ago, the crossing wasn't bad and you could maybe avoid getting your feet wet with some effort. There is also a large log just a bit upstream, too.

turtle

Post by turtle » February 8th, 2018, 4:51 pm

Thanks for all the good information. I'm like a lot of hikers trying to find good trails that aren't in the Gorge. Is it Saturday yet?! :lol:
Summer breezes caressed me, my legs stepped forward as though possessed of their own appetite, and the mountains kept promising. Rebecca Solnit