Home  •   Field Guide  •   Forums  •   Unread Posts  •   Maps  •   Find a Hike!  •    Register  •   Search  •  
Jump to:  
Login  | 

Board index » Trips » Trail Q&A

Post subject: Re: Timberline Trail current conditions?
 Post Posted: July 7th, 2017, 8:56 am 

Wow. You guys are incredible. Please let me know how I can buy you a beer sometime Mike. Just landed and can't believe the effort to help...I really appreciate it!

Sounds like St Helens it is. Much to do to get out there ASAP but just wanted to say thanks. Any of you folks ever want to visit the beautiful White Mtns let me know!

I'll post a post-trip when back in Boston

Post Posted: July 7th, 2017, 9:23 am 

Looking forward to the report and snow levels!

Anyone recall if a NW Forest Pass is required to park at either of these trailheads for MSH? (Available at REi for a season for ($40?) or at the nearest town for day passes for ($5 per day?)

I hiked the Franconia Ridge loop in the Whites last year. An amazing trail...loved it!

Mike

Post Posted: July 8th, 2017, 5:28 am 

mjirving wrote:
Looking forward to the report and snow levels!

Anyone recall if a NW Forest Pass is required to park at either of these trailheads for MSH? (Available at REi for a season for ($40?) or at the nearest town for day passes for ($5 per day?)

I hiked the Franconia Ridge loop in the Whites last year. An amazing trail...loved it!

Mike

NW Forest Pass isn't required anywhere unless you use the amenities at any trailhead.

Adams vs USFS found that the USFS can't charge you for parking unless amenities are present. So the USFS started dumping amenities at every trailhead.

Oops, then Fragosa et al vs USFS found that the USFS can't charge you unless you are using the amenities.

Post Posted: July 17th, 2017, 7:08 am 

Does anyone have updates for the current conditions of the Timberline Trail? I am planning on doing it next weekend.

Post Posted: July 21st, 2017, 10:21 am 

Hey guys sorry it took me a while to post my trip report. You can find it here: http://www.oregonhikers.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25771

The Loowit Trail was fantastic. Mike I can't thank you enough, I loved it and your trip plan was great, especially Pumice Butte. Wow!

In lieu of buying you a beer I donated $100 to this site on your behalf. Thanks again guys!

Post Posted: October 6th, 2017, 10:13 pm 

Getting caught up on old email notifications...wow! Thanks for the donation to the group. That’s awesome. So glad it worked out well for you!

Mike aka GoalTech

Board index » Trips » Trail Q&A