Where is the Rho Ridge Northern Trailhead??

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
WagginTrail

Where is the Rho Ridge Northern Trailhead??

Post by WagginTrail » June 22nd, 2017, 6:31 am

I hiked up and down and up the FR 6310 looking for the dang trailhead for the Mount Lowe hike described on this (amazing) website. The views were still incredible from the road but I never found the trail! Directions said to park at "the turnout" and walk or drive up "the Jeep trail." The map pin showed the trailhead in the middle of the forest on top of a rocky cliff. (?) This was listed as being off the beaten path but I think I am missing a vital detail. Many thanks for any help.

pablo

Re: Where is the Rho Ridge Northern Trailhead??

Post by pablo » June 22nd, 2017, 5:43 pm

WagginTrail wrote:I hiked up and down and up the FR 6310 looking for the dang trailhead for the Mount Lowe hike described on this (amazing) website. The views were still incredible from the road but I never found the trail! Directions said to park at "the turnout" and walk or drive up "the Jeep trail." The map pin showed the trailhead in the middle of the forest on top of a rocky cliff. (?) This was listed as being off the beaten path but I think I am missing a vital detail. Many thanks for any help.
Spur road (or jeep trail) in the saddle leads to the TH. I've always walked it as I only go to Mt Lowe from Burnt Granite. See attached GE image for the particulars. The trail is visible leaving the spur road in Google Earth or Maps. Great views from Mt Lowe.
MtLoweTH.jpg
Hope this helps, have fun.

--Paul
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.