Ramona Falls Bridge Crossing

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
MountainMel

Ramona Falls Bridge Crossing

Post by MountainMel » April 29th, 2017, 5:17 pm

Given all the snow melt this year has anyone hiked Ramona Falls and do you have a report on the stream crossing/ water level???

BigBear

Re: Ramona Falls Bridge Crossing

Post by BigBear » May 1st, 2017, 8:50 am

Snow melt? I think the SNORTEL measuring sites went up 6 inches last week. On my drive yesterday up the Gorge I saw too many lingering snow piles in the trees at highway level to count. And then there's the trip report for the roads around the backside of Table Mtn. that still have deep snow.

I think the Ramona Falls trail is still 4-6 weeks away from being clear of snow.

BigBear

Post by BigBear » May 1st, 2017, 8:51 am

Oh, I forgot to mention, the SNORTEL sites had 136 inches of snow last week.

pdxgene

Post by pdxgene » May 1st, 2017, 7:09 pm

I can't remember where but a few days ago someone had said no issues with snow until after the river crossing.
I'm either going there or trying Burnt Lake on Wednesday so I'll know better (if anyone else wants to wander along...)....

You can drive to the Ramona parking lot and either park at the campground or the big switchback down by the creek for Burnt Lake according to the ranger station earlier today.

Snowmelt generally hasn't been that big a problem with the river crossing in past years. Heavy rain/thunderstorms (like maybe late thursday?) would be much more potentially dangerous. Highly unlikely there is any snow actually at the falls themselves.