Undiscovered waterfalls?

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
DouggieFir

Undiscovered waterfalls?

Post by DouggieFir » January 2nd, 2017, 6:05 pm

I've been snooping around and found an unconfirmed waterfall surrounded by potentially more undetected waterfalls. The "U"s look very promising, Along with Satellite images. Can anyone else confirm these could be waterfalls?

I'm also planning a trip out to these this summer, Anyone know how to rappel? Would be great to have come along on the trip.

Don Nelsen

Re: Undiscovered waterfalls?

Post by Don Nelsen » January 2nd, 2017, 6:43 pm

We need a clue as to where this is.

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » January 2nd, 2017, 7:15 pm

DouggieFir wrote:I'm also planning a trip out to these this summer, Anyone know how to rappel? Would be great to have come along on the trip.
Rappelling is easy. Setting up a rappel is slightly more difficult. Knowing what to do when things go wrong is hard.

DouggieFir

Post by DouggieFir » January 2nd, 2017, 7:33 pm

Don Nelsen wrote:We need a clue as to where this is.

dn
Trying to keep this spot hidden for now. PM'd you

BigBear

Post by BigBear » January 4th, 2017, 10:50 am

From your map, I can confirm that they are arrows on a green background. That's the best I can do with such limited information.

Personally, I like maps with contour lines. When you see a place where the contour lines are very close together, you can reason that there will be a waterfall or riffle of some sort.

If they are truly undiscovered, you will probably learn why when you go to explore the locations.

Guy

Post by Guy » January 4th, 2017, 12:52 pm

BigBear wrote:From your map, I can confirm that they are arrows on a green background. That's the best I can do with such limited information.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing Eagle Creek tributaries , I was going to try and figure it out as a challenge but decided to watch another episode of Frasier on Netflix instead....
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

DouggieFir

Post by DouggieFir » January 4th, 2017, 3:15 pm

BigBear wrote:From your map, I can confirm that they are arrows on a green background. That's the best I can do with such limited information.

Personally, I like maps with contour lines. When you see a place where the contour lines are very close together, you can reason that there will be a waterfall or riffle of some sort.

If they are truly undiscovered, you will probably learn why when you go to explore the locations.
I was going by the shadows on the map, I got some other maps for you. Seems like the TOPO map shows a waterfall on the southern creek but there is an unconfirmed one on the northern creek according to this one site, Might have to check both of them out.

DouggieFir

Post by DouggieFir » January 4th, 2017, 3:16 pm

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » January 4th, 2017, 3:27 pm

The marked one is Upper Wauna Falls. Tim and Melinda also passed the seasonal falls to the right of it on their way down.
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

Guy

Post by Guy » January 4th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Mystery Falls.jpg
Tricky Location.

A lot of off trail exploration on both sides of Eagle Creek has been done & reported on this site before but I don't believe this creek has ever come previously. That doesn't mean it hasn't been done though!
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors