Home  •   Field Guide  •   Forums  •   Unread Posts  •   Maps  •   Find a Hike!  •    Register  •   Search  •  
Jump to:  
Login  | 

Board index » Trail Talk » Trail Q&A

Post subject: Re: Undiscovered waterfalls?
 Post Posted: January 4th, 2017, 3:45 pm 

Guy wrote:
A lot of off trail exploration on both sides of Eagle Creek has been done & reported on this site before but I don't believe this creek has ever come previously. That doesn't mean it hasn't been done though!

It looks like Zach went up it to the Upper Falls in 2010. (Tim and Melinda went down to that falls in 2014.) I'd imagine that going up would be quite a chore though, unless climbing wet, water-worn basalt is your idea of fun. ;)

That said, Zach went up some serious canyons in the Gorge (like Gray's Creek), and this is what he had to say about Wauna Creek canyon:

Chameleon wrote:
...suffice it to say, this is a serious canyon. Nobody but experienced bushwhackers with a tolerance for risk and pain should attempt it. ...It is literally some of the toughest canyon terrain around. Slick, congested with spiked foliage, rotting wood, slick, loose rocks, you name it.

That ridge south of the falls does look interesting though. What say you, Guy? Are there some Eagle Creek ridges left for us? It's been a while! :)

Post Posted: January 4th, 2017, 5:59 pm 

Should have known Zach, Tim & Melinda had been there :)

Haha, yes it's been a couple of years since we knocked another Eagle Creek ridge off the list, lets set something up for this year, maybe we can get the old ridge gang back together again!

Post Posted: January 4th, 2017, 6:12 pm 

Guy wrote:
Should have known Zach, Tim & Melinda had been there :)

Haha, yes it's been a couple of years since we knocked another Eagle Creek ridge off the list, lets set something up for this year, maybe we can get the old ridge gang back together again!

Yes!!!

dn

Post Posted: January 25th, 2017, 4:13 pm 

Quote:

As soon as I saw the topo I knew what canyon this was. :shock: It's been a couple years since I was up there and I have to say....It was the most difficult trip to date I have done! :? The trip itself is extremely physically demanding but when Melinda and I went we were fighting some severe weather as well. If you really think you are up for such a painful adventure make sure you plan for a long day, take a friend, tell someone where you are going and definitely go on a fair weather day!
I have friends that want me to take them up there and I keep throwing out different adventures...for a reason! ;)

Chasing waterfalls can be addictive.
NW Off-trail Waterfalls -Facebook Group

Board index » Trail Talk » Trail Q&A