Toasty sunshine.. Roads End 2/2

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
pdxgene

Toasty sunshine.. Roads End 2/2

Post by pdxgene » February 2nd, 2011, 8:01 pm

That washout on the road to Opal Creek turned out much for the best.. This first one is for those who had to work today..
IMGP7541.jpg
More of that deep blue sky..
IMGP7536.jpg
Looking back down the beach from the headland where high tide kept us from the tidepools and caves around the corner..
IMGP7531.jpg
There was virtually no one else there except down the far end near the D River. It's about a 4 mile stretch of uninterrupted beach. Farther if you can get around the headland or want to wade across the river.
A nice pattern on the driftwood..
IMGP7525.jpg
Even the sand had colors today..
IMGP7535.jpg
The cliffs near the headland. If you hang around for a bit you're almost sure to see a few pebbles or more of the soft rock coming down..
IMGP7527.jpg
Bunches more..
http://picasaweb.google.com/pdxgene/RoadsEndBeach9
It was nicer than most coast days in July. Yay!

ponyboy84

Re: Toasty sunshine.. Roads End 2/2

Post by ponyboy84 » February 2nd, 2011, 9:53 pm

I was dreaming of where you were today as I sat at home. Wednesdays are "no hike" days for me because of my son having early release from school (I work nights). Looks like one of the most beautiful winter days there I have ever seen.

Crusak

Post by Crusak » February 2nd, 2011, 10:16 pm

Oh, the torture! :lol: pdxgene, your pictures reminded me of why I considered taking today off. I really should have. I'm glad some of you got to enjoy it. I'll just vicariously live in your moments here...
Jim's Hikes

Solvitur Ambulando

TJD8 formerly roy

Post by TJD8 formerly roy » February 4th, 2011, 11:26 pm

[quote="pdxgene"]That washout on the road to Opal Creek turned out much for the best.. This first one is for those who had to work today..
IMGP7541.jpg
More of that deep blue sky..
IMGP7536.jpg
Looking back down the beach from the headland where high tide kept us from the tidepools and caves around the corner..
IMGP7531.jpg
There was virtually no one else there except down the far end near the D River. It's about a 4 mile stretch of uninterrupted beach. Farther if you can get around the headland or want to wade across the river.
A nice pattern on the driftwood..
IMGP7525.jpg
Even the sand had colors today..
IMGP7535.jpg
The cliffs near the headland. If you hang around for a bit you're almost sure to see a few pebbles or more of the soft rock coming down..
IMGP7527.jpg
Bunches more..
http://picasaweb.google.com/pdxgene/RoadsEndBeach9
It was nicer than most coast days in July. Yay![/quote

This was as nice piece of fresh air from the problems I have had tank you GENE for sharing.

tjj8 formerly roy.