Tam McArthur Rim, June 23rd.

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Don Nelsen

Re: Tam McArthur Rim, June 23rd.

Post by Don Nelsen » July 8th, 2018, 9:54 am

rainrunner wrote:
July 8th, 2018, 9:49 am
The forest service site is showing that fs road 370 is closed to snow, but I am guessing by your trip report that it is open. Is this correct and can a small sub compact drive it right now?
Thx
Edit: I came in from the north on road 16. 370 comes in from the south. Road 16 is paved except the last couple of miles.

I haven't driven road 370 lately but last time I did it was gravel/dirt and had at least one steep spot that was a small challenge in a 2WD car. Clearance wasn't a problem at the time but roads like that can change very quickly.

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

jessbee

Post by jessbee » July 9th, 2018, 8:14 am

WOW. You only saw 12 people? That trail head will almost certainly be under a permit system next year if the Forest Service goes through with their plans. Better get it now.

Beautiful area, and from the top of the rim you can explore pretty much in any direction you want!
Will break trail for beer.

Blog and photos

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » July 10th, 2018, 2:52 pm

jessbee wrote:
July 9th, 2018, 8:14 am
WOW. You only saw 12 people? That trail head will almost certainly be under a permit system next year if the Forest Service goes through with their plans. Better get it now.

Beautiful area, and from the top of the rim you can explore pretty much in any direction you want!
Yep, only 12 and they were spread out and we hardly noticed them. Let's hope the FS doesn't get their way. That would be a real disaster.
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller