New road interrupts trail

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Peabody

Re: New road interrupts trail

Post by Peabody » May 19th, 2018, 7:09 am

Sent off an email to RCO MI General Info (RCO) <[email protected]> and below is the reply. Since I only know of this problem from a couple of threads on this forum I'll let others with first hand knowledge email Lisa if they wish.
Good morning, Jeff,
Thank you for your inquiry about this Department of Natural Resources project funded through the Recreation and Conservation Office.

Dan Haws, is RCO’s Outdoor Grants Manager. He is currently in project review meetings this week.

I would like to suggest you contact DNR OGM, Lisa Anderson – [email protected]. 360-902-1301 about the road building activity on RD W-2000 and what should be done to mitigate or repair.

Thanks again for your report.
Kathleen M. Barkis
RCO General Info. Mailbox Receptionist
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » May 19th, 2018, 9:30 am

Peabody wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 7:09 am
Sent off an email to RCO MI General Info (RCO) <[email protected]> and below is the reply. Since I only know of this problem from a couple of threads on this forum I'll let others with first hand knowledge email Lisa if they wish.
Good morning, Jeff,
Thank you for your inquiry about this Department of Natural Resources project funded through the Recreation and Conservation Office.

Dan Haws, is RCO’s Outdoor Grants Manager. He is currently in project review meetings this week.

I would like to suggest you contact DNR OGM, Lisa Anderson – [email protected]. 360-902-1301 about the road building activity on RD W-2000 and what should be done to mitigate or repair.

Thanks again for your report.
Kathleen M. Barkis
RCO General Info. Mailbox Receptionist
This is good, to have another contact! The fellow I corresponded with, who may be their front man for this region (and perhaps beyond too) just seemed generally frustrated with the task of balancing "recreationalists" against the state's trust lands. Could've just been my "tone" I suppose, but I mostly heard about how hard the job was and that must of "us" just don't seem to understand (much). I wonder what Ms. Anderson's role is within DNR? Seems the most straight-forward mitigation would be to simply provide a semi-solid tread up that darn roadcut.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Peabody

Post by Peabody » May 23rd, 2018, 4:33 pm

I receive an additional reply from Washington State DNR.

Jeff,
My apologies for the delay in response while I was gathering information. The contract harvest that resulted in the temporary closure of Three Corner Rock Trailhead ends 10/31/18 but it is likely the contractor will need an extension into December. What this means is that the trailhead will be repaired and opened in spring, 2019. Please feel free to call me at any of the numbers listed in my signature should you have any additional questions. Email works as well!

Lastly, thank you for recreating on DNR lands and reaching out to us for information. You can also visit this link to explore an interactive map of recreational opportunities statewide on DNR land.

https://www.dnr.wa.gov/sites/default/fi ... index.html

Take care,

Tim Stapleton
Recreation Manager
Conservation, Recreation & Transaction Division
Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
Phone: (360) 902-1047
Cell: (360) 890-2085
[email protected]
www.dnr.wa.gov
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

AlpenGlowHiker

Post by AlpenGlowHiker » May 27th, 2021, 4:53 am

Has anyone been up there after Spring 2019? Curious about conditions as I've been eyeing that approach to Three Corner Rock.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » June 13th, 2021, 2:43 pm

AlpenGlowHiker wrote:
May 27th, 2021, 4:53 am
Has anyone been up there after Spring 2019? Curious about conditions as I've been eyeing that approach to Three Corner Rock.
I'd be curious, as well!
Karl
Back on the trail, again...