First Tracks on Table Mountain 122017

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Don Nelsen

Re: First Tracks on Table Mountain 122017

Post by Don Nelsen » December 26th, 2017, 4:49 pm

K.Wagner wrote:Don,
I don't see any mention of where you started the trip. I assume at the power line gate?
Hi Kelly,

Yes, the green gate under the power lines along Greenleaf Slough. I hope at least that option for a TH stays open!

I didn't do Table on Saturday opting for another hike a little farther to the west but on the WA side. Pics are here: 25 degrees on top and a ferocious wind!!

Enjoy:

http://www.fototime.com/users/donnelsen ... e%20122317

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

river59

Post by river59 » February 4th, 2018, 8:48 am

FYI - The power-line access road TH along Greenleaf Slough is now signed as private property - no trespassing... :cry:

I went for a hike up there on 2/3 and when I returned to my car someone had posted three no trespassing signs along the gate and had also constructed a makeshift fence to block the user paths around the gate.

I have always assumed that the power line roads were constructed on public property, and that the no trespassing signs posted at the bridge on Shelly Lane (and now along Greenleaf) were a bluff.

Does anyone know if any of those roads are actually private? Has anyone been towed for parking at the old aldrich butte TH?

bobcat

Post by bobcat » February 4th, 2018, 11:17 am

It's private land, so it was probably only a matter of time before that access got signposted. What I don't know is if that parcel of land got sold. It had been owned by the Hot Springs Spa/Resort.

Shelly Lane is a private road. Landowners there had been tolerant until a couple of local residents got their hackles up over hiker "abuse." But it's private land, so they are within their rights, of course.

North Bonneville Trails had been in negotiation about an easement from Greenleaf Slough to national forest lands (and eventually building a footbridge over Greenleaf Slough). I haven't heard anything recently about that. If the landowner has changed that could seriously complicate things.

Chip Down

Post by Chip Down » February 4th, 2018, 4:57 pm

I was thinking about this discussion yesterday, and wondered if I'd be able to dredge it up. How convenient that it just got bumped! I wanted to add to the exchange between me and Don on page 1 regarding a mystery trail I've been wondering about. Well, yesterday I had a few minutes of daylight left so investigated. It went nowhere. Just deadended at the creek in two minutes. Evidence of camping. I think the only reason there's a clear trail is because people like me follow it out of curiosity.