Beautiful December Hike

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
koriwallace

Beautiful December Hike

Post by koriwallace » December 15th, 2017, 8:16 am

I decided to play hooky from work a few days ago in the afternoon to try this hike again. I had been multiple times during summer months but never in a cold time of year. There were still some No Parking signs on some of the trees but many are now gone since the summer so there were some places on the shoulders of the road to park that were not directly under No Parking signs. We were the only people there the entire time other than a water bureau truck that drove past a couple of times. It was a beautiful, peaceful hike and I would strongly recommend this time of year to go versus the summer when there are so many people and so much hostility with the locals.
Attachments
Lee Falls Rd 20171212.jpg
Lee Falls Footbridge 20171212.jpg
Lee Falls 20171212.jpg

bobcat

Re: Beautiful December Hike

Post by bobcat » December 15th, 2017, 8:37 am

Looks like a wee bit of snow on that bridge. Just to give others some geographical context, this is the walk to Lee Falls on the upper Tualatin River, accessed from Cherry Grove in Washington County: Lee Falls Hike

I suspect the locals are much more benign this time of year. It's the summer swimming hole hordes that get them riled up. When in doubt, I would say park in Cherry Grove (nicely, without blocking a driveway or anything, respecting all signs), and do it as a longer walk.