Dosewallips to Lost, Cameron, Grey Wolf, and Cedar Passes

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
RobinB

Re: Dosewallips to Lost, Cameron, Grey Wolf, and Cedar Passe

Post by RobinB » November 8th, 2017, 11:31 am

drm wrote:I don't backpack in storms. :roll:
I of course try not to too, but on really long trips, it's sometimes unavoidable. (I spent two weeks walking through the Olympics in August - sort of difficult to absolutely avoid weather on a trip like that.)
drm wrote:I recently saw a report where a fire ecologist was reported to have said that they wished folks could think of a smoky August like they do a soggy November - just the way it is up here. Yikes. If so, the Olympics are the best escape in the region - may be visiting there a lot more.
They had their fair share of smoke this August, though I guess it was still probably better than some of the stuff further up:

Near Obstruction Point, August 2

chiefWright

Post by chiefWright » November 9th, 2017, 8:39 am

Growing up in Port Angeles where the Olympics were literally my backyard, I can state with confidence you got a once in a lifetime experience. Having 4 bluebird days in a row in late fall after first snowfall on the upper Dose-- you just won the lottery.

I'm more envious than I can possibly say, and eternally grateful you shared your experience with a beautiful story and beautiful pictures.

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » November 10th, 2017, 7:58 am

WOW! Gorgeous scenery! :D

RobinB

Post by RobinB » November 11th, 2017, 1:45 pm

Thanks!
chiefWright wrote:Growing up in Port Angeles where the Olympics were literally my backyard, I can state with confidence you got a once in a lifetime experience.
You know, I knew we were lucky, though I guess I didn't quite know how lucky :)