8/20 & 21 Eclipse day at Olallie Lake

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
pdxgene

8/20 & 21 Eclipse day at Olallie Lake

Post by pdxgene » August 21st, 2017, 6:29 pm

A trip I 'd planned for a long long time and most everything worked out just about right. I was really hoping for calm water for a reflection of the eclipse too but winds were a steady 15mph+ with small waves on the lake today. On the plus side traffic was speed limit plus all the way home which kinda was what I'd hoped for seeing as how there are no towns or festivals along the route between Estacada which was out of the totality path and Detroit.
I don't know how to re-size pictures and I'm pretty sunburnt and tired so it's just easier if you click this...
https://get.google.com/albumarchive/101 ... biFv2gUnA7

I don't really have the right equipment to shoot the eclipse. It was sooooooooo much more amazing seeing actually seeing it.

gratefultrails

Re: 8/20 & 21 Eclipse day at Olallie Lake

Post by gratefultrails » August 22nd, 2017, 3:21 pm

Wow with that sunrise and the eclipse, looks like you got a great palette of colors up there. Such a scenic spot for the cosmic event.

Don Nelsen

Re: 8/20 & 21 Eclipse day at Olallie Lake

Post by Don Nelsen » August 22nd, 2017, 4:41 pm

Really nice photos! Thanks!

I'm surprised your views of Jeff were so clear. We could hardly see it from our vantage points, especially on eclipse day.

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller