burnt Lake to pct

Trip recommendations, current conditions, and other trail related Q&A
Hobbes_Trekker

burnt Lake to pct

Post by Hobbes_Trekker » July 23rd, 2017, 9:06 am

Any idea how passable the trial is from Burnt Lake Tony he PCT?

Also, how does paradise park look these days? I'm hoping to get up there this week.

Thanks

kepPNW

Re: burnt Lake to pct

Post by kepPNW » July 23rd, 2017, 9:40 am

Hobbes_Trekker wrote:Any idea how passable the trial is from Burnt Lake Tony he PCT?
Zigzag Mountain Trail? It's a bit overgrown, and a good deal of blowdown near where it intersects with the Paradise Park Trail (below the Timberline/PCT). July 8, I wore shorts on the way up, and zipped the legs back on for the trip back down.
Hobbes_Trekker wrote:Also, how does paradise park look these days? I'm hoping to get up there this week.
It was waaaaay early, flower-wise, two weeks ago. Only a few hillsides blooming, then.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Hobbes_Trekker

Post by Hobbes_Trekker » July 23rd, 2017, 1:34 pm

Thanks, that is helpful. Yes I'm talking trail 775 aka Zigzag mt trail. I usually connect to it via trail 772 (burnt lake trail) it's usually overgrown a little the first mile or so.

Was the snow clear or will I post hole a bit?

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » July 23rd, 2017, 2:09 pm

Hobbes_Trekker wrote:Thanks, that is helpful. Yes I'm talking trail 775 aka Zigzag mt trail. I usually connect to it via trail 772 (burnt lake trail) it's usually overgrown a little the first mile or so.

Was the snow clear or will I post hole a bit?
Yeah, we came up past Burnt Lake, too. It's overgrown much of the way, now. Only one or two small patches of snow, fully consolidated.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Born2BBrad

Post by Born2BBrad » July 23rd, 2017, 3:49 pm

Hobbes_Trekker wrote:Also, how does paradise park look these days? I'm hoping to get up there this week.
Just did the Paradise Park trail on my way to Mississippi Head. Virtually no snow the entire way to Paradise Park. Quite a few blowdowns to negotiate.
Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
- Jean Luc Picard

Link to GPX tracks
Link to Trip Reports