Hamilton Mountain

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Smith

Hamilton Mountain

Post by Smith » July 21st, 2017, 7:04 am

Hiked Hamilton Mountain. We had to start from Beacon Rock because the parking lot was full. I guess that's what you get for starting late! Oh, well. Still a great hike and although there were a lot of people it was not too packed, only the first main view point was crowded. The back side of the loop was almost empty. I think we only saw about 5 people on the way back down before it meets up with the main trail again. I would really recommend doing this as a loop rather than up and back because there are a few really good uncrowded views along the second half of the trail.

It was very hot, also a consequence of getting out late. However it was a nice clear day and the views were great! From the top we could see of Mt Hood & Mt Adams. Stopped for ramen on the way back home and it was delicious! All in all, a pretty good day.

More Photos: https://boredomtheadventure.wordpress.c ... a-hot-car/

https://youtu.be/eLVJ_J9NMbM

Peder

Re: Hamilton Mountain

Post by Peder » July 21st, 2017, 8:03 am

Great video yet again. Thank you! I go less frequently there since the Discovery Pass was introduced.
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

Smith

Post by Smith » July 28th, 2017, 6:09 am

Peder wrote:Great video yet again. Thank you! I go less frequently there since the Discovery Pass was introduced.
Thanks! Glad you liked it!

pablo

Post by pablo » July 28th, 2017, 7:13 pm

Thx for posting, obviously much fun was generated on this outing. I really like the way you edit your videos, nice to watch and they really highlight the enthusiasm you have for hiking. And Hamilton never disappoints even with a crowd.

--Paul
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Smith

Post by Smith » July 28th, 2017, 7:26 pm

pablo wrote:Thx for posting, obviously much fun was generated on this outing. I really like the way you edit your videos, nice to watch and they really highlight the enthusiasm you have for hiking. And Hamilton never disappoints even with a crowd.

--Paul
Glad you liked the video! I'm always trying to capture the pure joy that comes when hiking. With such a great hike like Hamilton makes it makes it easy. The excellent views do a lot of the heavy lifting! :D