Home  •   Field Guide  •   Forums  •   Unread Posts  •   Maps  •   Find a Hike!  •    Register  •   Search  •  
Jump to:  
Login  | 

Board index » Trips » Trip Reports

Post subject: Injury Recovery, Dysthemia and Timberline 6-13
 Post Posted: June 14th, 2017, 5:53 am 

Alpine trail up, Glade down, Timberline Loop 7.5 miles.
It was a drizzley morning as I gingerly slipped the healing shoulder into the backpack; the day after being released into the wild by my doctor, I started up the trail from the rest area. This was my first hike in nearly a month and the rollercoaster of non-hiking "mild" depression weighed heavily. A hiker that cant hike! is there something worse? haha, and not so much.
At 1.7 miles snow covered the trail and the remnants of the winter warriors escapades seemed to seep upwards from the ground. The trail "levels out" at 2.0 miles and also when the chilly weather and even lower visibility came on. Not a skier or border in sight; a good sign that uphill travel is "safe"...at this time, my out of shape-ness is catching up to me in more ways than one. The plan was to make it at-least to the top of the palmer. No way!
Aiming in the general direction of the Lodge I came to a near slope and through the haze I could just make out the weather vain, excellent! Found it!
Feeling some anxiety slipping away, from the new found ability to hike again, and from seeing that weathervane, it was a long friendly, warm break at the lodge.
After lunch going downhill seemed like the thing to do. Heading a bit up first and west-ish, then left and down, finding the Glade trail marker and then back to Govy.
Oddly in the afternoon it seemed cooler than the morning, I could see my breath in town.
Injury still sore but healing, cant wait to get back to where I was prior to it...... if possible
:P
Still not able to post pictures here, for some reason. oh well....

Post subject: Re: Injury Recovery, Dysthemia and Timberline 6-13
 Post Posted: June 14th, 2017, 6:32 am 

I like your narratives, it leaves a lot to the imagination!

But, if you want to post pictures, you have to resize them to be less than 1 MB or link from a 3rd-party photo hosting site, use the Img button.

Post Posted: June 14th, 2017, 6:55 am 

Don't understand why the site can't downsize photos on it's own. It's a common thing for websites to do. I suppose that's why a lot of people don't know how to - they usually don't need to.

Post Posted: June 14th, 2017, 7:42 pm 

wish you all the best with recovery and hiking. Compressing images is pretty straight forward, for example if you have "microsoft office picture manager", launch the tool and open your 'images', click "pictures" from the menu and select "compress" option. There it will provide several compression options, select "web pages", and save. This compression will reduce a 2-3 Meg file to less than 50K, and now are all set to upload your pictures! :arrow: :?

Post Posted: June 15th, 2017, 1:47 am 

mjanardh wrote:
This compression will reduce a 2-3 Meg file to less than 50K, and now are all set to upload your pictures!

No need to make them that tiny; this isn't 1998!

Post Posted: June 15th, 2017, 6:10 am 

I just right click on the photo and choose "edit" and then downsize so that the larger dimension is 800 or 1000 pixels.

Post Posted: June 15th, 2017, 12:09 pm 

Thanks everyone, and am working on it could be a pc safety setting.

Board index » Trips » Trip Reports