Pup Creek Falls on Earth Day

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Smith

Pup Creek Falls on Earth Day

Post by Smith » May 10th, 2017, 5:53 am

Headed out to Pup Creek Falls from Fish Creek Trailhead for an out and back hike. It's such a nice quiet hike, saw very few people on the trail. There were many fallen trees on the path, but nothing too hard to climb over. Also, a small landslide has take out part of the trail, but so many people have crossed it that there is a new path emerging. The falls is full of water, great treat for Earth Day.

https://youtu.be/e5jigr-JyBo

pablo

Re: Pup Creek Falls on Earth Day

Post by pablo » May 15th, 2017, 10:08 am

Nice report, thx.

Yesterday the 14th I did the Clackamas River Trail from Fish Creek to Indian Henry CG and there was not a single stick across the trail and tread had been improved at several locations. There is a threatening washout in progress east of Pup Creek but it is OK for now. I thought the cuts looked fresh, I just had no idea how fresh - like last week.

Obviously since this report was posted a trail crew has put the trail in excellent shape. I don't see that TKO had something there so maybe FS put a crew out for this. Anyway, to the folks who worked on the trail this past week, thank you, your efforts are appreciated.

--Paul
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.