Swale Canyon - Klickitat Trail (April 15, 2017)

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
miah66

Swale Canyon - Klickitat Trail (April 15, 2017)

Post by miah66 » April 21st, 2017, 8:06 am

This was the second Spring in a row that a group of us rode bikes down the entire trail from Harms Rd to Lyle. It was also the second time we used the shuttle service provided by Carl from Canyon Market in Klickitat to take our vehicles from one end to the other for $30/vehicle. Thanks Carl!

The canyon was lovely on this rare sunny Saturday. The desert parsley was profuse near water level and the high hills were just starting to turn yellow. The next few coming weekends will be peak no doubt.

The view from the bridge near Lyle

An interesting contraption

I could ride this all day

Me & my bike

Swale Canyon

Trestles

Highly recommend this ride, however if you go, make sure you're on a mountain bike. It's definitely not a smooth trail, though it is not a difficult ride. The shuttle service makes it even easier!
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider

drm

Re: Swale Canyon - Klickitat Trail (April 15, 2017)

Post by drm » April 21st, 2017, 10:12 am

Great that there is the option to support a local business this way.

The full length - so you had to ride on SR142 to avoid that missing trestle from Klickitat to Wahkiacus? Is that about 3 miles?

miah66

Re: Swale Canyon - Klickitat Trail (April 15, 2017)

Post by miah66 » April 21st, 2017, 11:08 am

I agree about the local business. Carl is a great resource. We just dropped the keys & money when we stopped in the store around lunchtime and our cars were waiting at Lyle around 3:30pm.

Yes you have to ride along 142 for about 3 miles. Almost no traffic, even on a Saturday.
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider