Hamilton Mtn. Loop Hike Trail Closed past Falls as of 1/2017

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
randomhiker

Hamilton Mtn. Loop Hike Trail Closed past Falls as of 1/2017

Post by randomhiker » March 27th, 2017, 9:49 am

Just got back from this hike and was slightly disappointed when I got there to find out that the trail ends at the falls due to a massive landslide. I wasn't all the disappointed when I saw the falls, simply amazing and totally worth the trip. They're working on the trail and it should be open soon, according to the personnel fixing it. So, no 7 mile loop hike at this time, but a great short hike to see some super swollen waterfalls!

woodswalker

Re: Hamilton Mtn. Loop Hike Trail Closed past Falls as of 1/

Post by woodswalker » March 29th, 2017, 7:30 am

The WTA was working on this trail last weekend and is hoping to have it open soon!
Colette Grace

powaypat

Post by powaypat » March 31st, 2017, 7:38 pm

The trail re-opened today thanks to the hard work the Washington Trails Association has put in.

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » March 31st, 2017, 7:58 pm

powaypat wrote:The trail re-opened today thanks to the hard work the Washington Trails Association has put in.
I was up there today and found the work mostly done and the trail re-opened. Still, hundreds of trees down along the trail above the falls, especially on the west side return route. Hope the trees are removed quickly as several spots where folks have had to detour around downed trees have resulted in trail tread damage along the edge.

Thanks WTA for fixing the blockage!!!

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller