Table Mountain - Two Chiefs Trail, Feb. 14th, 2017

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Don Nelsen

Re: Table Mountain - Two Chiefs Trail, Feb. 14th, 2017

Post by Don Nelsen » February 16th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Chip Down wrote:What does USFS mean by free-riding, and how do I avoid doing it?
Hmmmm? must be when you get on the Max without paying?
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » February 16th, 2017, 6:53 pm

not paying for NWFP? :)

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » February 16th, 2017, 7:20 pm

retired jerry wrote:not paying for NWFP? :)
That would be "free hiking" - but then again I think we have all paid dearly for these lands anyway.
Last edited by Don Nelsen on February 20th, 2017, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

K.Wagner

Post by K.Wagner » February 20th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Bobcat,

This is all news to me, where have I been??????

Can you post a quick map showing where the parking area is going to be?

And Don, I swear that girl will follow you anywhere! I don't think she has any more sense than I do!
Kelly
There is no shortcut to anyplace worth going to.

PM me about the soon to be released:
Skamania 231
"How to really get off the beaten path in Skamania County"

bobcat

Post by bobcat » February 20th, 2017, 4:48 pm

K.Wagner wrote:Can you post a quick map showing where the parking area is going to be?
No, I can't. Bonneville Trails got in touch with TKO just as a heads up for the Field Guide. Nothing is confirmed until they can get a sure easement on the private section of the connector trail and some funding to build a bridge over the slough. It's going to take a while.

romann

Post by romann » February 22nd, 2017, 7:25 pm

What a mess on Two Chiefs Trail :(. I usually don't like seeing ATV riders up there, but it may be the only hope for that trail/road to be cleared - it's a big project even with a chainsaw.

beag

Post by beag » February 23rd, 2017, 12:54 pm

I was at Bonneyville trails meeting on Tuesday. 25 people there which is a big crowd for 3 pm in the afternoon. Bonneyvill Trail club has been active for 10 years but this is their first venture to link up with regular trails. They have been very active but they think it will be two years before the trail to Aldrich, Table will be a reality. Hoping to get all the permits sooner but obviously it can be a slow process. They spent some time discussing access for the next two years. They decided that the Dam trailhead is the only option because of the problem crossing private property to access the trails.. There will be signs appearing at the different access points warning people that you will have to cross private property to get to the various trails. There is another meeting March 11 should anyone be interested in attending.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » February 24th, 2017, 1:36 pm

K.Wagner wrote:Can you post a quick map showing where the parking area is going to be?
I'm led to believe it may be within spittin' distance of the municipal cannabis store. :o :D
beag wrote:There is another meeting March 11 should anyone be interested in attending.
I think I'd like to make a point of being there.

Maybe you could post something on the FB group in the days right before?

Or just let me know where and when. :)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

beag

Post by beag » February 25th, 2017, 7:46 am

Meeting place is just off SR14 next to Gas Station. That's where the trailhead will be too when all the permits are in place . BT are very confident of raising funds for the trail and Bridge over Slough so that will not be an issue.

K.Wagner

Post by K.Wagner » March 19th, 2017, 5:10 pm

This last Saturday (3/18) we drove up to N Bonneville to check things out. Found your power line road, with the Bonneville Power Admin warning sign. All kinds of "Dont's" but nothing about trespassing, so have to assume like you that it is open to foot traffic. As someone else pointed out, the property is actually owned by Mr. Pirfil Cam, who it turns out, owns a lot of property in the area. He did own the hot springs resort, which now has an assessed value of $11,100,00. He also owns all the land around to the east, around Kidney Lake. The Kidney Lake Rd, now has crude "No Trespassing" signs posted, and painted along the bottom of the left sign it has "Kidney Lake Closed". That has to irritate a lot of fisher people, because it was really popular.

In doing my property searching, I moved east to the PCT TH, near the end of the bridge. I Found that there are 2 big parcels there & eastward that are owned by the "Interlaken Resort". That was a bit of surprise. I would assume that the CRGNSA regulations will keep that down, but....... I just did a Gooooogle search and found references to Interlaken Resorts in Minnesota, Colorado, Connecticut & Switzerland, but nothing about Columbia Gorge.
Kelly
There is no shortcut to anyplace worth going to.

PM me about the soon to be released:
Skamania 231
"How to really get off the beaten path in Skamania County"