Eagle Creek Metlako Falls Viewpoint

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
kepPNW

Re: Eagle Creek Metlako Falls Viewpoint

Post by kepPNW » January 4th, 2017, 5:51 pm

retired jerry wrote:I wasn't disagreeing with you, just wondering what it was about Mt Hood that's mismanaged
Okay, sorry if I sounded testy. Seems we have a whole lot of ongoing examples of ham-handed management in MHNF. One of my own pet peeves is how they deal with footbridges there, compared to just about everywhere else. Their (tragically pathetic) website is another example, in that it isn't kept anywhere near as up-to-date as the other forests tend to. Could be just a matter of what I'm focused on, but I hear the same theme repeated a lot by many others, so I suppose it could also just be the power of repetition? (Or maybe there actually is something to it?)
retired jerry wrote:I've met rangers on Three Sisters three times, Mt Hood only once even though I go there more so there must be more Rangers there - in Willamette National Forest. One of the Three Sisters rangers asked me for my self issued permit, I said it was in my pack do I really need to take my pack off and show it to you, yes I did. They were just a bit authoritarian in general. No big deal but less reasonable than the one Mt Hood ranger that said hi and we talked just a bit. But any difference isn't statistically significant.
Similar. And when I alleged they were just a bit more officious down in the Sisters, I got spanked by several forum participants suggesting they were simply doing their job with the requisite care and concern, unlike the more stand-offish and unconcerned rangers I'm more familiar with. ;)
retired jerry wrote:Olympic National Park seems like they're better maintained and have more people and they're friendlier, more informative. The restroom at Kalaloch for example, has running water and is open year round. And Mora. And Heart-of-the-hills.
Heated restrooms at Beacon Rock State Park, too! :)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » January 4th, 2017, 6:14 pm

I agree with out of date website - pathetic - I haven't studied whether Mt Hood is worse though

"Okay, sorry if I sounded testy. "

Cold weather. Closed roads. Nothing to do but surf the web. You don't sound testy.

I hope I didn't spank you. I seem to remember I brought up my example agreeing with you.

Uh oh, the LovedOne wants me to watch something on TV, much more productive

What a pathetic life we live??? :)

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » January 5th, 2017, 7:07 am

retired jerry wrote:I agree with out of date website - pathetic - I haven't studied whether Mt Hood is worse though
Got Cheryl's input earlier, comparing the wonder of Willamette's with MH's.
retired jerry wrote:"Okay, sorry if I sounded testy. "

Cold weather. Closed roads. Nothing to do but surf the web. You don't sound testy.

I hope I didn't spank you. I seem to remember I brought up my example agreeing with you.
Heh, no worries. You're right. Staring at screens rather than trees and sky... Can't possibly lead to good outcomes, eh? :)
retired jerry wrote:Uh oh, the LovedOne wants me to watch something on TV, much more productive

What a pathetic life we live??? :)
Heheheheh... Yeah, before I could even respond to this last night, I was sent out (mighty-hunter style) to stalk and slay a pizza, myself. :lol:

Good Nature/NOVA night, though! :D
Karl
Back on the trail, again...