Siouxon Creek In and Out

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
dfs1109

Siouxon Creek In and Out

Post by dfs1109 » November 10th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Planned to do a long loop today but I slept in and only had time for a in/out hike. Started at Siouxon Creek TH and shortly after leaving the trailhead I went right on Siouxon Creek Tr #130. Beautiful river with some of the clearest waters ive seen thus far. Several small waterfalls and rapids along the hike. The forest floor surrounding the trail is cover in ferns and moss. Trail is in great condition with only a few short sections of water running down the trail. I went to Chinook Creek Falls (highlight of the trip!) had lunch and returned the same way I came. I was hoping to do a small lollipop loop back which crosses the river near Chinook Creek and on Siouxon near Wildcat Creek but I could not see a dry way to cross nor did I see anything that resembled a trail on the other side. I saw a pair of mountain bikers and two solo hikers all day.

Garmin 64st
Time: 4:03 hrs/min
Distance: 9.4 mi
Total Ascent/Descent: 1325 ft/1463ft
Max/Min Elevation: 1522 ft/1125 ft

http://gpsfly.org/g/6604

Hope you enjoyed it!
Daniel
"Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?" Peter Pan

Hagbard Celine

Re: Siouxon Creek In and Out

Post by Hagbard Celine » November 16th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Great pics of one of my favorite places, thanks for sharing. The wildcat trail is there but it's best to do at low waters for the loop. The crossing you saw at Chinook is the easier of the two, the crossing to complete the loop is probably waist deep by now.
“I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
― Booker T. Washington